Saturday, November 26, 2011

Vans vs SUVs...My Decision (Or Was It?)

You all remember way back in April when I did this little comparison of Vans and SUVs. I said back then that I wasn't afraid of putting 3 car seats in the back of my small SUV. Well, I should have been afraid.

Very afraid.

Actually, it wasn't that big of a deal. But a little while back my husband and I decided that it was time to get a bigger vehicle for more space and more seating for visitors.

I really did go to the dealership with a van in mind. Really, I did. I was ready to raise the white flag, get my mom jeans, and rock it.

(Not me pictured)

But do you know who wasn't ready for all that?

That's right, my husband. Granted, he would only have to drive the vehicle on weekend excursions and to church, but even that was enough for him to declare at the dealership:

"I really don't want a mini-van. I'm still in my 20s for crying out loud."


(Have I mentioned that I am 5 months older than my husband? I've hit my 30s. He has not.)

So the SUV it is.

(Not my actual SUV)


But the mini-van dream lives on every time I'm opening doors to put my kids inside or every time I'm helping my 3 year-old get up inside, or even when I'm putting my groceries in the back and there's less space.

(Another thing to mention: we got a good deal on the SUV... one they couldn't match with the mini-van, so there you go.)

2 comments:

  1. This is the same argument my husband and I have...only I'm intent to win. And I'm going for the mini-van. Convenience over style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made the right choice :)

    ReplyDelete