Monday, November 21, 2011
The Twelve Thanks of Thanksgiving
I am so happy this week is Thanksgiving!! The food, the football, the family....I love every minute. However, because food distracts me, I often forget to focus on the things I am thankful for. I always say thank you for my family, our home, the church, etc. but today I would like to tell you the little things I am thankful for, because those are usually the ones that get forgotten.
1. Tampons. Have you ever thought of the pioneers and the rags they had to use? I can't tell you how thankful I am for the advancements in feminine hygiene products.
2. Washable markers. Enough said.
3. Lip gloss and mascara. Even on the worst days when I can't seem to find a minute to beautify...a little lip gloss and mascara does wonders.
4. Mariah Carey's Christmas album. It may be one of my favorites. And I am a little bit (ok, a lot) embarrassed to admit this.
5. Jessica Simpson's ability to design shoes. Fabulous.
6. Push-up bras. Heaven knows we could all use a little pick-me-up from time to time.
7. My cast iron pot. It is my favorite thing in my kitchen.
9. Wikipedia. I'm not sure I even know how to use an actual encyclopedia anymore.
10. Zac Efron's hair. It is truly a beautiful thing.
11. The tanning bed. Even though I will probably have early skin cancer, the 10 minutes alone while I am warm and relaxed is blissful.
12. Toilet seat covers in public restrooms. I am too lazy for "the hover", so I appreciate not getting germs on my tush.
What little things are you thankful for?