Monday, November 21, 2011

The Twelve Thanks of Thanksgiving


I am so happy this week is Thanksgiving!! The food, the football, the family....I love every minute. However, because food distracts me, I often forget to focus on the things I am thankful for. I always say thank you for my family, our home, the church, etc. but today I would like to tell you the little things I am thankful for, because those are usually the ones that get forgotten.

1. Tampons. Have you ever thought of the pioneers and the rags they had to use? I can't tell you how thankful I am for the advancements in feminine hygiene products.

2. Washable markers. Enough said.

3. Lip gloss and mascara. Even on the worst days when I can't seem to find a minute to beautify...a little lip gloss and mascara does wonders.

4. Mariah Carey's Christmas album. It may be one of my favorites. And I am a little bit (ok, a lot) embarrassed to admit this.

5. Jessica Simpson's ability to design shoes. Fabulous.

6. Push-up bras. Heaven knows we could all use a little pick-me-up from time to time.

7. My cast iron pot. It is my favorite thing in my kitchen.

8. Epidurals.

9. Wikipedia. I'm not sure I even know how to use an actual encyclopedia anymore.

10. Zac Efron's hair. It is truly a beautiful thing.

11. The tanning bed. Even though I will probably have early skin cancer, the 10 minutes alone while I am warm and relaxed is blissful.

12. Toilet seat covers in public restrooms. I am too lazy for "the hover", so I appreciate not getting germs on my tush.

What little things are you thankful for?

3 comments:

  1. My first thought when I see all these Thanksgiving "What I'm grateful for" posts is how grateful I am for such things as the invention of the u-bend and for waste management workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it would be possible for Zac Efron to have better hair. Also, one of the airports I was just at had automatic toilet seat plastic covers. It was THE best thing I've seen in a while. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Advil. Spell check. Texting. Chocolate. Angry Birds. Audio Books. The Zune Pass. Buck re-fills at the local gas station. Five dolla pizza. Good coupons. Found money. great fitting Jeans.

    ReplyDelete