Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kathie Lee is Smarter Than I Thought


When I see Kathie Lee Gifford on TV I don’t think, “Wow, she must have been a valedictorian,”  or “Does she have a PhD?” And never, in my wildest imagination, have I ever thought “I would totally use her for my personal therapist”.   What I’m usually thinking is, “that is some seriously great hair.  Hair that cannot be bought for $10 at Great Clips.”

But I’m starting to reevaluate what I think about her character and intelligence and pure ability to “get it” after I heard her say this about marriage:

"The time for careful consideration is before you get married. Falling in love is the easiest thing in the world. ... Falling is a verb. You have no control, but staying in love takes work, takes commitment. Their ceremony (she’s speaking specifically about Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphreys here but it can really apply generally) was all about commitment and when the good times are over, you hang in there and something beautiful can come out when the marriage is tested in fire."

Wow, Kathie Lee.  I mean, seriously, WOW.  So happy to see someone really respect and appreciate marriage.

That being said, I do NOT think this statement applies to dog marriages.  I don’t know what kind of marriage standards dogs have nor do I care to, but if dogs can make it work surely humans can too.  

2 comments:

  1. All I ever think when I see Kathie Lee is how much she doesn't look like herself anymore. Time to lay off the Botox and plastic, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami, great post! I mean, you had me laughing in the first sentence. That's talent! Well done!

    ReplyDelete