Thursday, November 24, 2011

Feathers

Happy Thanksgiving!!! This post has nothing to do with the holiday...sorry.

Sometime in the 1970's a disturbing hairdo hit the masses. It was called "feathered hair" and well, see for yourself, it was weird.

Luckily the fad wore out as women moved on to the big bangs and perms of the 80's. Well, recently, as I'm sure many of you have noticed, a new version of "feathered hair" has emerged. Or more accurately "feather in your hair."
Now, usually when I'm trying to prove a point with a picture I like to get ugly models to make it easier to get people on my side, but even with this cute young lady sporting the feathers, I think the effect is still the same. She has feathers...in...her...hair? Why? When I first saw someone sporting this look I was confused. Now, a year later, I still am. I just don't get where people come up with these things. You'd think headbands, elastics, flowers, hair clips, braiding, twisting, curling, straightening, cutting, dying, etc. would be enough to keep the women of the world occupied with their hair, but someone always has to come up with something new and different. It's just another thing for the fashionable to participate in and the unfashionable (like me) to scratch their heads and wonder.

This of course, is no disrespect to the Indians who were the first (as far as I know) to sport the look. He pulls it off well, don't you think?
(And incidentally, with this picture I have now tied this post into Thanksgiving. Ta Da! Get it? Since Thanksgiving started with the Pilgrims and Indians...)

3 comments:

  1. I kinda like them. But only the little, skinny feathers. The ones in the picture above are a little much. However, I am still not cool enough to do it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the big ones, but I did let my girls get the small ones at the beginning of the year and man sure made it easy to do hair. No more looking for the clips and bows and headbands that are spread around the house they already have their feathers. Don't think I would ever get them for me but for a little girl well my girls loved them and thought they were the coolest girls in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can acknowledge the weirdness and I probably won't be adding them to my Amazon wish list this year but I secretly LOVE them. Even the ridiculously large feather earrings (e.g. Michelle Money on Bachelor Pad last season).

    ReplyDelete