Friday, November 4, 2011

Birthdays

We all have them. Some people dread them. I love them.


I had one this week. A birthday that is. I turned 28. That’s a pretty good age, I reckon. For some people, turning 28 is the start of a mental breakdown. You know, you’re now closer to 30 than 25. And once you’re 30, you’re so close to 40! And once you’re 40…. Well, I might stop there.

Not so for me. I figure you’re getting older anyway. Every day you’re older than the day before. In fact, every second you’re older than the second before. I know. I’m blowing your mind. So, even if I am technically a year older, what’s changed? Not a lot. I’m basically the same as I was this time last year… except that this year I don’t have pregnancy induced elephantitis of the stomach.

I like to take the chance to make a big deal about my birthday. I enjoy having everyone dote on me, bring me presents, and tell me how wonderful I am just for one day. It really only happens once a year, so I like to really milk it for all it’s worth. And I did.

Don’t worry, I totally return the favor when it’s someone elses birthday. You want a cake with someone to jump out of and sing you happy birthday? I’m your man. You want balloons and streamers, a surprise party, and a week long celebration? No worries, I can help you out with that.

So, to quote a classic, ‘Party on Wayne!’ And if it just so happens to be your birthday today, happy birthday! Gee, you’ve got a great smile.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday again!! Great post. : ) I'm glad you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE birthdays! Well, mostly just my birthday :) But I celebrate birth week instead of just birth day. That way I can spread out my selfishness to last 6 days longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From someone who is 40+ 8(~

    On another note...Happy Birthday! Enjoy your YOUNG age.

    ReplyDelete