Thursday, November 3, 2011

Baby Weight


I had a goal with this pregnancy to only gain 25 pounds (as opposed to the 40 I gained with the first).

Well, I'm happy to announce that I achieved that goal. I am not happy to announce, however, that I achieved the goal 9 weeks early. Oi.

It makes me wonder, though, how you can control how much weight you gain during pregnancy? You know, unless you're already exercising before you get pregnant you're not exactly supposed to pick up an exercise regime. Guess who wasn't exercising before she got pregnant. That would be me. Also, how are you supposed to eat sensibly when you have the appetite of a 400 pound man? It's beyond me.

Well, as they say "que sera sera." I'll happily continue to eat down my son's Halloween candy stash and worry about the extra poundage later.

3 comments:

  1. I tried different strategies with all 3 of my pregnancy and I gained the same 45 lbs with all of them. Maybe some bodies just need to put on a little extra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cursed Halloween candy, that'll do it every time. Not to mention all the other Holidays this time of year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've gained the same amount with each pregnancy too. You look great, so relax! There will be plenty of time to worry about weight later, so just enjoy eating right now.

    ReplyDelete