Wednesday, October 12, 2011

You Too Can Wear Skinny Jeans


You know about the skinny jeans epidemic, right?  The fashion front that came back in 04’ or somewhere around there?  Well, I’ll be the first to admit I thought they were a bad idea.  Seriously.  It’s like tapered pants all over again.  And we all remember what tapered pants did for butts and thighs... 

It wasn’t a pretty time.   And I don’t imagine too many people were hooking up during that time due to lack of good looking butts. 

Anywho, with each of my reoccurring trips to the store, I reluctantly tried a pair on.  Each time a little more disgusted (and flabbergasted) that these pants were actually being sold in stores.  Good stores.  Trustworthy stores.

“How does anyone look good in these jeans?” I thought.  “Every pair I’ve tried on makes my butt and thighs look twice their actual size.”

Then one day, in a last ditch effort to find the reason to skinny jeans, I tried on one more pair.  I couldn’t believe it.  The Gap wasn’t wrong.  Old Navy and H&M did know the goodness behind the jeans I so feared.  My thighs looks normal and my butt…well, lets just say if I was checking myself out (which I do.  In the mirror.  And so do you.  Admit it.) instead of saying, “oh, OOH…gross,” I’d be saying “that is one awesome butt.”   

I figured it out.  Skinny jeans aren’t your butt’s nemesis.  They can be your friend. You just have to find the exact right pair for your exact body shape.  You cannot just buy a pair because they are the trend.  Because if you do, you will have flashbacks of 90’s tapered pants.  You have to search long and hard.  A daunting task.  But if I can do it, so can you.  Go get em’!
  

5 comments:

  1. oh but Jami you have to be skinny to pull that off not matter what! Still hate the whole skinny jeans fad and cannot wait for it to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I could wear them. If I had a really long shirt, and really tall boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boots or high heels and she's apples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. It's so true. I was super anti-skinny, but a friend of mine just couldn't accept that. She dragged me all over town and stuffed me into several pairs until we found the perfect ones. Now I wear them all the time. Even us chubby girls can pull them off...now I'm a believer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the bane of my existence! I will NEVER succome to the skinny jeans. I lament over this frequently- why oh WHY do all things colourful and gorgeous only come in "Skinny". In all of your hunting, you didn't come across of pair of wild coloured flares did you? ;)
    Where oh where did the wide bootlegs go?!

    ReplyDelete