Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yes, I Still Play Nintendo

Remember these beauties?

Well, not to make you jealous or anything, but I still have one. And it works. And you usually only have to blow on the game once to get it to start.

I was a pretty good Nintendo player back in the day, so every now and again I like to pull the old machine out and try my hand at a game or two. Think of it as maintaining a talent.

Well, last week my younger brother and I mastered the game Dragon Warrior.

No big deal.

Actually it is a big deal. We've spent the last 15 years trying to master it. Although some may consider that pathetic, I like to think of it as showcasing our resolve to stick to goals.

Because, really, who works on a game for 15 years? Goal achievers. That's who.

I feel like maybe I should be embarassed to admit that I still play Nintendo. After all I'm an almost-30-year-old mother. But, I'm sure my behavior is normal. Right?

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I can't believe you remember how to play each time to pick it up. I tried to play Super Mario Brothers a while back. I drowned repeatedly, could not dodge bullets, and always lost my Yoshi. Apparently it's nothing like riding a bike. I commend your sticktuitiveness.

    ReplyDelete