Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Tourist Trap

We just returned from a trip to Yellowstone. Yee-haw. What is it about any touristy place that makes you feel like you need to buy, buy, buy? I enjoy Yellowstone, I think it's a beautiful place, but do I really need sweat pants emblazoned with a Yellowstone logo? Probably not. How about a nice belt buckle of the animals of Yellowstone? I don't think so.

The absolute worst place this happens is Disneyland. It seems like everyone gets caught up in it there. This man would not be an unusual site at the Disneyland parks, but if I saw him at the grocery store, I'd keep my distance.
Image
Every time I go to Disneyland I find myself looking in the shops trying to find a shirt with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, or what have you. Even when I find a shirt to buy I realize upon arriving home that wearing a Tinkerbell shirt around town is actually quite embarrassing. The last time I fell for the trap was my early 20's when I bought a Mickey and Minnie shirt and never ever wore it. Luckily I've gotten wiser in my age, as is proven by the fact that I didn't even buy a Yellowstone magnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment