Monday, October 31, 2011

Haunted House


Happy Halloween!! Since it is the day to celebrate the dead, I have a scary story for you. Brace yourself. It’s going to be good.


I grew up in the country woods. At night, it is the darkest place I have ever seen. My husband is terrified of my parent’s house. We didn’t have close neighbors and if something happened, no one would hear you scream. My parents were out one night and I was home alone. I was in the kitchen probably trying to uncover some hidden stash of chocolate when the radio went all funny. I walked around the corner to fix the station and I saw a head peeking around the bathroom door. A white, see-through, woman ghost-head. She quickly ducked back into the bathroom. I ran downstairs to the basement (because that is less scary, right?) and cowered in my bedroom. Yes, I was hiding from the ghost. Why did I think I could hide from a ghost? Didn’t anyone ever teach me that ghosts can go through walls, doors and ceilings? Alas, I never saw the ghost again. I have myself convinced that she was more afraid of me than I was of her.



My parents never believed me and I’m pretty sure my siblings made fun of me.



So……I hope she haunts them.

5 comments:

  1. You gave me goose bumps Lindsay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the sugar from the secret stash! (I believe in ghosts, I saw Paranormal Activity)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to lie to you. I'm not going to read your post, because I'm a scaredy (sp?) pants and hate scary stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when this happened to you....and for years it made me nervous to spend the night at your house. I also recall you spending a lot of time trying to convince me there was a ghost in my basement...specifically in the storage room. Not funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a ghost in Mom and Dad's house. Totally believe you...we need to swap stories.

    ReplyDelete