Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wishful Thinking

"Oh, you won't show until six months with your first."

Ha-ha-ha.

Maybe some of you vertically challenged lovely ladies were lucky and tucked that little bundle of joy in your inch long torso without a problem, but this little lady is not so lucky.

Two-months in and many food aversions later I've had to pack up my skinniest pair of skinny jeans and store them away for the long haul. It's not like I look pregnant yet, but something is definitely showing that wasn't before.

This is how big my baby is:


What? It seems ridiculous that a little grape is coming between me and my favorite articles of clothing. I knew my life would change, but so soon? I don't know if I can handle this. 

On a positive note, on a particularly wonderful day when I was sporting my newly acquired fat suit (and that is what it really feels like, a suit that does not belong to me) I was approached on campus by a zealous Provo All-star who invited me to a pool party mixer. Yes, me, the pregnant miserably sick and unattractive feeling woman who incidentally was wearing her wedding ring (remember this post?) was invited to hang-out with silly young men poolside wearing hardly nothing. Truly, a victory for pregnant women everywhere. 

Okay, so maybe I'm being dramatic about the fat suit. Apparently some people still think I have it going on. That or they are desperate, but please people, I need all the wins I can get for the next four weeks...or 8 months...I'm still deciding what advice I can trust.

4 comments:

  1. Erica! Congratulations! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only got a week to go, and honestly, I can't even bend. No really. On the upside, I've been eating anything I want to this last week. On the downside, I don't fit into my maternity clothes and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy more of them. You can do this! Try not to focus on the bad side (really hard when you're sick), and head over to babygap.com and bask in the cuteness that no one can afford. That's what you need to focus on! And as for predictions, I'm going with girl. I always guess girl! That's why i have 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I started wearing maternity clothes at 6 weeks. Haha! Is anything worse than jeans that are too tight when you are throwing up 4 times a day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's really all in perspective as well. At 8 months I still have people telling me I don't look pregnant... Yeah right. I am definitely 20lbs heavier and sporting maternity clothes as I waddle down the street. and I felt totally bloated and huge at about 8 weeks as well. So, just know that while you feel huge, you are not. Don't worry!

    ReplyDelete