Friday, September 16, 2011

The Pad

While watching Bachelor Pad previews during the Bachelorette I thought to myself, "Yuck. Could there be anything more base, raunchy, immature, and petty? I would have to stoop pretty low to watch that garb."


And then on a lonely cold night, I stooped really low.

I was only going to watch the premier to see just how bad it was.  Six hours later (um, embarrassing?) I had watched all but the last three episodes of the season. To say that I loved every minute of it would be an understatement.

This show has everything--new budding love, unrequited love, old love and heartbreak, desperate acts, jealousy, envying, strife, calculated plotting, cruelty, synchronized swimming, a princess, and even some humor. It was at least 10x better than the Bachelor/ette series. More touching moments + more Survivor like strategy - air time spent in bikinis in the hot tub - "connections" and "amazing journeys."

I started my watching spree slightly stressed and anxiety ridden. When my husband found me at 2am (he had been out at a late night premier so I had an excuse to stay up right?) I had the biggest goofy grin on my face.

So there it is, my plug for Bachelor Pad. I seriously recommend it. Not because it upholds all of these wonderful statues, but because it was free therapy. People exist that are soooo much crazier than you in relationships that are much more difficult than yours.


Sidenote: I'm wondering what y'all think about the new Gieco caveman Bachelor? I didn't like him at all at first but he won me over by the end. Probably more a product of his classy exit than his dog voice...

5 comments:

  1. Gabe and I LOVE Ben! And Funny part is, we totally were against Bachelor pad when we saw the previews as well... but then we saw that Ames was in it so it sucked us in and we ended up totally in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I too love Bachelor Pad. What is better than all of the former crazies living together?!?! Also, I've gotta say that I love Michelle Money. Who would have thought?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. One of the best shows out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great! I wasn't going to watch it, but now I guess I'll have to (if ABC is replaying on their website, that is). As for Bachelor Ben I like him (although I guess the rumors of Jeniffer Love Hewitt pursuing him are untrue?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where have I been? Oh yeah, moving and pregnant! Well, I guess I know what to go watch right now!

    ReplyDelete