Saturday, September 3, 2011

Creepo Pervison and Stick Figures

You’ve all seen these things:





Cute little stick figure families on the back of minivans or large SUVs.


Adorable, right?

Wrong!


When I see these decals, I cringe. And not just for lack of artistry.

When Creepo Pervison sees a minivan or large SUV parked in the driveway of some suburban house, they may assume that there are children inside the house, but they aren’t sure. When you put these things on your car, you’re basically saying:

“Hey, we have 5 children. In fact, we have 3 girls and 2 boys. And you can guess at their approximate ages. Also, (in some decals) I’m going to tell you their interests. You probably (I’ve seen in some) want to know their names too. Feel free to learn more information about my children by breaking into their rooms tonight or by stalking them.”

And since when is fertility a bragging matter?

(And really, I am this paranoid.)

3 comments: