Monday, September 19, 2011

10 Years

Last weekend, I flew back to Colorado for my 10 year High School reunion. I know what you are thinking. Am I crazy?! Most likely.

I was scared to go, mostly because I was worried that some poor soul was going to come up to me and tell me that I ruined high school for them. I didn't think I did, but I was worried anyway. I have many paranoia's. On the other hand, I was excited to see what happened over 10 years. Secretly (okay, not so secretly) I was hoping for some good gossip....or something scandalous. I know, I know... am I 16 again? But tell me you wouldn't be curious and a little hopeful. I was interested in what happened to these people...













(Alright, Justin Timberlake didn't go to my high school, but plenty of boys that wanted to be him did)




Tragically, everyone pretty much looked like this...............



Strangely normal, right? Everyone grew up so nicely! They shaved off their dreadlocks....didn't dye their hair black, wore longer skirts...etc. Some people were married. A few had children. (I realize that may sound strange, but I did go to high school outside of Utah) Most people had normal jobs. Lawyers, accountants, teachers, engineers.....

No one had a ridiculously old man for a husband. No one had an emotional break down. No one got in a fight. Everyone was cordial and friendly and downright happy to see each other.

Weird. So not like high school. Am I a sick person for wanting some good drama?

I think I must be watching too much TV.

3 comments:

  1. This is quite disappointing! I am looking forward to my 10 year reunion specifically to see what happened to the crazies! I'm so sorry you had a normal reunion- definitely a let down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! Hopefully by your 20 year reunion something juicy will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should have initiated a fight! And dyed your hair pink. And put on someone's old cheer uniform. You would have been the star of the show!

    ReplyDelete