Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm Finding This Very Hard to Believe


Did you hear about this recently? Apparently some woman gave birth and she didn't even know she was pregnant! I don't remember hearing how far along she was before it occurred, but I'm guessing at least around 7 or 8 months, as she had the baby with her during the news segment.

But tell me - how does this happen?

I'll be the first to admit, my pregnancies are pretty easy peasy. I don't feel a whole lot different when I'm pregnant that when I'm not, but there are certain things that just cannot be ignored. For instance:

1) To put it in junior high terms, because I'm mature like that, wouldn't it be alarming when your "Aunt Flo" doesn't come visit you for 7, 8, 9 months?
2) What about the daily fatigue that occurs for a good few months? I'm not talking about I need to sit down and rest for 5 minutes, I'm talking about I need to take a 2 hour nap every day. Wouldn't that be a red flag? Or is that just me that sleeps that much?
3) I saw this lady on T.V. (and you can see her in the picture above). She is on the smaller end so, why exactly, did she not notice her belly getting more rotund? And if her belly did not get rotund, why exactly, did it not get rotund (and what is her secret)?
4) I'm sure her emotions had to have changed a little...any unexplicable crying during, say, peanut butter commercials? Dead giveaway.
And finally,
5) It would be unusual (and rude) to have a human being kick you in the stomach from outside your body, but folks, if a human being is kicking your stomach from inside your body, it's probably a baby.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I totally don't get this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought that not realizing you were pregnant was a fake thing until recently my cousin found out she was 6 MONTHS pregnant! She had absolutely no symptoms, no weight gain, nada, except for (regular) irregular visits by "Aunt Flo" because she had gastric bypass surgery a few years ago. WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete