Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hurricanes and Earthquakes

Did you hear about the Earthquake on the East Coast? Well, I think it might have been a conspiracy. You see, I live on the East Coast in the exact proximity of the 5.9er and I didn’t feel a thing. Not one little shake. My theory of the actual culprit that caused the "earthquake" is this:


an underground worm-like character from a 1990’s movie called tremors. The movie stars Kevin Bacon. And since Kevin Bacon is in it, tremors must have some real merit (even though this argument doesn’t) because Kevin Bacon is awesome. But tremors can’t be everywhere at once, thus leaving some to feel the “earthquake” and other to not. Conclusion: Tremors did it.

The Hurricane however was no conspiracy. Unless some mean-ol’ teenager pulled the plug out from under my house, Irene left us without power for 72 hours and counting. That’s right, I am still without power. The only reason I’m able to write this post is because I’m at the local Barnes & Noble where the internet is accessible. All my ice cream melted and I threw away two ready-to-eat freezer meals. TWO! As well as what what appears to be the entire contents of my refrigerator. That is no conspiracy, people. That is a real hurricane.

On the bright side I did get to eat Oreos, bagels and cereal all day long due to lack of refrigeration.

1 comment:

  1. You poor soul! Get up to my house and I will feed you some real food! ( Not that oreos and bagels are anything to be sad about...they are both divine). But, seriously, come up here.

    ReplyDelete