Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Movie Review: Captain America

Since saying that I never go to movies on opening day, I've been to five. Go figure.

(I'm thinking that we should incorporate PST ladies. That way my new found hobby can be written off under the guise of "business" for reviews. Do you have to be making products and/or money to be considered a business? We make joy and laughter...)

This last week we saw Captain America for my husband's birthday.

The Review: On a scale of 1 to 10

Acting: 8
They were good, but it's not like they were given earth-shattering dialogue to work with so I won't be expecting any Academy Awards this year. 

Adorableness: 11
Please. Let's just take a moment of silence to soak it in. 




No-nonsense woman power: 10


Finally...non-scantily clad, opinionated, beautiful leading lady who can hold her own. What do you have to say for yourself Rosie Huntington-Whitely? I know..."Help, I only know how to bend over a car. I can't possibly problem solve on my own." (That was harsh, I know, but she asked for it. Besides, it's her fault I refused to review Transformers 3 this month).

All-American Heroness: 10


The movie stayed true to the sentiments of the era. This All-American boy can take out all of the Nazi's single handedly. Realistic? No. But that's what real life is for, not the movies. 

Inspirational Message: 10


A little guy + a big heart full of self-sacrifice, valor, and perseverance = a moving movie. 
I cried.

Overall: 8


A few slight corny comic-like moments, but that's to be expected. 
All around a great patriotic pick-me up that's worth seeing in the theaters. 

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, my dear! Love your blog and I resolve to read it more. So cute.

    Please tell me you are in Utah. I am looking for a dance teacher to fill a jazz class of second graders and thought of you. Are you even in the vicinity of Draper?

    e-mail me at KDSdance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say one thing: You missed out skipping TF3. She makes Megan Fox look like a piece of wood. She's smarter, wittier, funnier... and ballsier. She has an epic moment late in the film that Megan Fox could only wish they'd written in for her.

    I heartily agree with your review, though I found the acting at an 8.5, that's because Chris Evans really did excellently. He carried it up further because he was completely believable.

    A+ for the Adorableness cranked to 11! Complete agreement.

    I cried too. :)

    ReplyDelete