Thursday, July 28, 2011

High Maintenance? Not I.


To girls who get ready every day, I have two questions:
1) How do you do it?
2) Why do you do it?
You see, I like to get all my errands done one day each week so I only have to get ready one day a week. Yesterday was errand day and I also had a bridal shower to attend so I wore something besides a t-shirt and lounge pants AND I curled my hair. Yeah, I know, kind of a big deal. And whilst I was doing so I thought to myself "self, this is an awful lot of work." I realize the end product is more favorable on the days I do get ready than on the days I don't - but do the means justify the end? Being the philosophical person that I am my conclusion is no, no they do not. It's a good thing I'm already married.

* If you missed Lindsay's post about becoming a blogger on Pear Shaped Thoughts and think you might be interested check out the information here.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like getting ready either. It's a huge hassle, and right after I get my housekeeper and cook, I'm going to get a daily hairdresser and a make-up artist because those things seem practical, right? I do, however, believe in the power of doing your make-up every single day. It's amazing what make-up can do for a thrown together bun or pony-tail. It makes me feel ready even when I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like getting ready when I have time to do it and I'm not feeling pressed for time or distracted. (i.e. I have no children yet so I cannot relate, but I do have an antsy husband who is intolerant of power room lolly gagging). That being said, I "get ready" in full get-up a lot faster than a lot of other girls I know (if I shower 45 minutes, if not, 20) so maybe it's not so much of a hassle. How long do you all take?

    ReplyDelete