Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baby Swimwear

It's summer time, and of course, that means that my kids wear their swimsuits as outfits 50% of the time. Because of this, I have to admit that for my girls I like the two piece swimsuits.

Mainly just for potty purposes.

It stinks to have to help your 5 year old pull up and down a wet one-piece multiple times a day that usually sticks and rolls in all sorts of weird ways.

I do, however, feel that the tankini has given us a nice compromise in the two piece "don't show it all" department:


I know, I know. They are just babies/kids, so why am I somewhat appalled when I see a baby wearing this number?:

Maybe it's because those triangle shapes on the top of any bikini are utilitarian and no baby has the anatomical makeup (if you know what I mean) that would necessitate them.

And every baby I've ever seen wearing a string bikini isn't really covering anything because the top usually ends up somewhere around their neck because of the aforementioned lack of anatomical parts.

And at that point they should just be wearing nothing but a swim diaper.

The thing is, I think I'd be less offended to see a baby in nothing but a swim diaper than I am to see one in a string bikini:

Is that weird?

1 comment:

  1. I agree totally! String bikinis on babies seems to defeat the purpose of the string bikini. I'm all for tankinis.

    ReplyDelete