Thursday, June 23, 2011

Teaching Moments

There are some things you think you'll never have to teach your kids. Things you would hope are just so apparent that they would automatically know not to do them.

Like stepping in horse poop for example.

We have horses. One beautiful spring day the horses were being taken to the vet. While the horses were waiting to be loaded into the horse trailer they relieved themselves on my driveway. Rude, but whatever. The horses were going to be late to the appointment so the mess was left to be cleaned up later. Enter me and my son who had just returned from a bike ride (me being the one doing all the work, him chillaxin' in the bike trailer). I see the mess, I take my son out of the trailer, and I walk to the nearby shed to grab a shovel. Not 20 seconds later I walk back to clean it up only to see my son stomp, not accidentally step, full on stomp onto the horse's poop (which are large, in case you didn't know). So I said to him, "I thought this would be obvious, but we don't step in pooh." I mean, what else is there to say? And then I washed his nicest pair of shoes that he was supposed to wear to my brother's wedding the next day. Gotta love little boys.

1 comment:

  1. So funny! It could have been worse--At least he was exploring with his feet and not his mouth.

    ReplyDelete