Thursday, June 30, 2011

Organized Packrat

Something wonderful arrived in my mailbox today: tape for my label maker. I felt like a kid at Christmas.

We recently painted and put carpet in our office and so I’ve been busy unpacking the 7+ boxes filled with binders, paper, pens, tape, staplers, and other various office supplies, and putting them neatly away on the shelves complete with their very own label. And then tragedy struck. My label maker ran out of tape. That was last week. I quickly ordered more tape, but until it arrived organizing was at a standstill, because what’s the point of organizing when you can’t label everything neatly? That’s right, there is no point. Although I consider myself fairly organized, I’ve also discovered what a packrat I am. Like I mentioned I’ve been unpacking office supplies. Guess how many pens I have? A shoe box full. An adult’s shoebox full. Full to the brim full. Don’t get me started on how many jars full of paper clips I have (5). I don’t even use paper clips for crying out loud! While I was putting our games away I ran across my collection of pogs.

A decade or so ago, you know, last time I played pogs, it took me several months to win every single one of my two brothers' pogs. So actually, the collection is like a trophy of sorts. But really? I’ve been packing pogs around for 10+ years? So, while everything is organized and put in it’s place, when you get right down to it it’s still just a bunch of junk.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I cannot stop laughing!! You of all people I never would have guessed as a pack rat, it must be genetic. Great post Kasey :)

    ReplyDelete