Monday, May 2, 2011

A Peculiar Phenomenon

When I read books or watch movies, particularly at night, a strange thing happens. All reason and rationale leave me and I believe pretty much anything I read/watch is going to happen to me.

Not too long ago I read a true story about a couple of runners who were attacked and eaten by a cougar (I'm referring to the large cat, not the 40 year old women who date 20 year olds). Shortly after I finished reading I had to go down to the basement, but I was afraid to walk past the front door because I knew there would be a cougar sitting in my front yard looking in. Turns out I was wrong.


I watched a show about human trafficking one night. When it ended I was the only one in my apartment that was awake. I had to go to the bathroom but didn't dare because I was sure a human trafficker was hiding in the shower.

I hate to admit this but I read the Twilight Series (feel free to make fun, just take note that I didn't like them). I read them mostly at night while my husband was gone to a night class. Basically I would lay in bed waiting for my husband to get home and wonder if he was a vampire. Once I reasoned that he was too warm-blooded and hairy to be a vampire I then had the task of convincing myself he wasn't a werewolf.

Just last week I was on a walk with the husband and child when we walked past an older woman. I caught myself thinking she looked like a witch disguised as a muggle. If you didn't already guess, I'm in the middle of the Harry Potter series.

I've told a few people about these happenings, thinking it was a normal occurrence. It's not. At least not for people over the age of 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment