Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thank You, Lindsay

Come on! Do you really think that I would be thanking myself? The only time I do that is when I make myself an exceptional meal, which is almost never. Next to never, really. Okay, it happened once.

No, I'm talking about this Lindsay:

Lindsay Brin. And let's be honest. I've never looked like this. Even before I had kids. And yes, she did birth those two lovely little ones. And yes, that baby is six months old in this picture.

Lindsay and I have become BFFs this pregnancy due to this fitness for pregnancy program:



You see on a pregnant day when I've indulged a little too much, watched a little too much T.V., taken one too many naps, and feel rather sluggish, I can be sold on pretty much anything that I think may unslug me. That's just what happened here.

And while the husband chuckled when the package from "Moms Into Fitness" arrived (very promptly, might I add), I have really enjoyed feeling like I can still do exercise that isn't geriatric. These DVDs aren't Jillian Michaels challenging. (Nor do you get yelled at. Although the thought of Jillian yelling at pregnant ladies who are all crying, because we do that, is a little bit funny to me for some reason.) Obviously, that isn't what you need during pregnancy.

I think they strike the perfect balance of not overdoing it, but doing something that gives you "just enough" of a workout during pregnancy. And there's a DVD for the three stages of pregnancy which I appreciate too because anyone who has been there knows that each stage is different. There's also a "Postnatal Boot Camp DVD" which has an 8 week "get your body back" program.

Not only that, but I've got to give Lindsay props because I have been following her third pregnancy via her blog and anyone who normally looks like the above picture who now doesn't and has enough confidence to post pics of themselves in a bikini, proving to the world that, yes, even extremely fit people do gain weight during pregnancy, has got a fan in me.

(And no, I will not be copying Lindsay's idea of publicly picture documenting my post pregnancy body and how I got it back, so don't even ask. But again, you go girl! That's confidence with a capital C).

Do I think I'm going to look like the above Lindsay six months after giving birth because of these DVDs? No. Heck no. She is obviously genetically gifted to a certain extent and makes her living working out. I don't.

But I can say that they have made this pregnant gal feel as though she can still do something. And something is a whole lot better than nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Please reconsider doing before and after pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish that I would have known about this. Now that I'm in the 3rd trimester I feel like I'm past the point of no return! You go girl! You're gonna be the picture perfect pregnant gal, and mom afterwards!

    ReplyDelete