Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Royal Wedding (My Super Bowl)


The Royal Wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William is a little bit like Black Friday for me. Everyone is talking about it. So as much as I'd like to ignore it, I can't! I must be a part of it! And the more I've watched, heard, read about it, the more excited I'm getting! (Although, I'm hoping it doesn't turn out a disaster like most Black Fridays do for me.)

I usually love all things British, and my ancestry is from England, so I have a right to care about this, right?

Probably not.

But I do care. And so do most girls/women, whether they want to admit it or not.

When I finally came out and revealed my excitement to my family, my mom and sisters decided we needed to have a party. So the plans are in the works.

At the party, we will be reviewing the dress, the flowers, the cake, the hair. You name it. So you can all guess what will be on the agenda for Saturday's post.

Let's talk about the happy couple for a minute:

Will: I'm actually a little bit bored by him. Nice enough guy and all, but am I the only one who thinks that Harry is the better looking brother? Nonetheless, he's going to be king, so that's got an obvious charm. Really, not much more to say.
Harry:



Kate: I just love her! I don't really know her, and if I did, she'd probably disappoint. (But then again, she may invite me to her wedding, so it would all be worth it.) She is from "new money". She has a normal family. She plays hockey. She is beautiful. And I just love how everything she wears is so easy, stylish, and natural. She seems so lovely and next-doorish. How could anyone not be a fan? This girl is going to be STUNNING in a wedding dress;I'd put money on it. (If I did that, of course.)

Thank goodness for DVR's; otherwise I'd be waking up at 2 am on Friday as to not miss a single minute. It's going to be fantastic. I just know it.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you came out. I too am loving all the details I can find. But I have to say that I think Will is much more attractive than Harry (there is kind of an anti-red hair thing in my blood so that probably explains it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Lindsay, I think Harry is the better looking brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you. I even had my friend bring me a commemorative mug with their faces on it back from England. I don't care, I like it. Tea and crumpets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just hoping the cross dressing uncle shows up @ the wedding :) See you tomorrow. Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least this is a real couple to get excited about. They look perfectly lovely together. I'm still trying to figure out why women are traveling to Forks, WA to visit a place where fictional characters dated and married. And why they are naming their children Edward and Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay, this is for you: http://pre.cloudfront.goodinc.com/posts/full_1303952278attention_002.png

    ReplyDelete