Monday, April 18, 2011

Kasey's Top 3 People You Feel Awkward Running Into

I think I get embarrassed more easily than most. Seriously, I blush 30% of my waking hours and 5% of my sleeping hours (I kiss the strangest people in my dreams). And so I have compiled a list of my top 3 people I would rather not run into in public.

1) Old teachers who you talked back to, played jokes on, or were just plain annoying in front of. I thought I was pretty funny back in the day, but now as an adult I look back and think why? Why? Why did we think we were clever when we hid our band teacher's baton? Why did my friend and I think it would be funny to use walkie talkies in class because our teacher separated us? Bad example, because in hindsight that one was kind of funny. Also on this list would be old administrators. Especially if you crashed your car into their car one summer during high school registration. Just sayin...that might be embarrassing for someone who did that.

2) Your OBGYN. I ran into my OB a few weeks ago at the ballet. Not knowing what to do I stopped and said hi. He looked at me for a few moments before responding, "Oh, hi. I didn't recognize you with your clothes on." Okay, he didn't really say that, but he could have (if you know what I mean).

3) Old boyfriends. This actually hasn't happened to me, but on a few occasions my grandma has ran into an old boyfriend of mine but chooses to tell me about it only when we're having large family gatherings.

My face is red just thinking about all of this. Anyone you would add to the list?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I once seduced Jack Sparrow (as in the pirate) in a dream. It's just downright shameful.

    ReplyDelete