Thursday, April 28, 2011

Exercise Enmity


Running makes me sick. One time I ran a 5k. It was on Thanksgiving, two years ago. I was sick the rest of the day. I haven't gone for a run since.

Hiking makes me tired. One time I hiked to the top of a mountain with a group of people. I was slower than most. I got separated from the group. It was pitch black. My flashlight burned out. I haven't hiked to the top of a mountain since.

Biking makes my arm hurt. I've been biking on a stationary bike twice a week for a month now and my right arm hurts today. Most people would say it has nothing to do with the biking, but what do most people know, anyway?

I stepped on the scale today to see if exercising has done anything for me (besides wreaking havoc on my body) and I weighed in at a healthy -69 pounds. I fixed the scale, stepped on again, and saw that my weight is more or less the same as it was a month ago.

The only logical conclusion I can draw: exercising is not good for my body.
Do you think my disdain for exercising may explain why I have cankles?

No comments:

Post a Comment