Friday, April 29, 2011

Branded

I don't like to think of myself as a snob. 

But the truth is, I am...

I am Erica, and I am a brand snob.

(Now you say, "hello Erica" just like at an AA meeting because y'all 
are brand snobs too even if you don't know it yet) 

I know very well who Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, and Dolce and Gabbana are. Unlike some endearing people I know (cough, cough, Mom) I know that Prada is not a town in Italy. That being said, I don't care so much whose pants I'm wearing, purse I'm swinging, or jewels I'm blinging, but I am VERY particular about a few key brands. 

Here are the top five products where I buy by brand or go without (in order of importance): 

1. Underwear.
Let's face it, the knockoffs are pretty much non-existent.

2. Hair products. 
Assuming that I do my hair, it matters.

3. Toilet paper. 
This one I actually have little preference on, but my husband is very opinionated about it (and everything else, just ask him), and because we are supposed to be united, it's on the list. Even rough-and-tumble men need pampering too and according to Charmin Sensitive (with a touch of aloe) it's how we can all better the world one square at a time. We all know it takes a real man to pay double for such a fine commodity. 

4. Toothpaste. 
Anything other than Crest and I might as well go back to the stick with baking soda and water--it's just that bad elsewhere. 

5. Brownies. 
Sorry Betty, I know the break-up's been hard on you with your shelf in my food storage being replaced Ghiradelli and all. Ghiradelli is just so much richer (not that I'm saying that richness matters, because it doesn't, unless you're a brownie, and then it's all that you're good for).  

Calling all brand snobs for confession time! What are your top five must-have brands?

No comments:

Post a Comment